Monday, September 13, 2010

lazy Sundays

Did you know that the avenues along the beaches in Rio close on Sundays?
This means that you have the whole road to yourself. Well you might get run over by a skateboarder or by me (above) zipping along on my scooter, but otherwise it is yours. Everyday is beach day in Rio, but Sunday is especially nice to take a walk down the beach and see Cariocas (Rio natives) out enjoying themselves, meeting with friends and having a coconut water (agua de coco - NOTE: please be careful to ask for a cO-co and not a co-cO, as the first is coconut, while the latter is poop...and the coconut guy will be laughing is head off at your gringo joke!).


After you have strolled along the beach, met with up with your buddies and had a coconut water, it might be time for lunch.
We love going to Artigiano restaurant. Avenida Epitácio Pessoa, 204 - Ipanema 2512-3099
Sit outside on the terrace and enjoy the view onto the gardens. The pasta here is out of this world and all made in house. There are pages and pages of choices, so get ready to spend some time studying the options. My favorite is spinach ricotta ravioli with beurre noisette and hazelnuts, but the nero de sepia black pasta with champagne cream sauce and salmon isn't too shabby either!
I hope you have walked the whole beach, so you also feel entitled to desert! The almond ice cream with home made caramel sauce is deliriously fabulous.
Bon appetit!

beijos,
Monika

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blog; I have lived in RJ for 7 months in the hope to get a job and a visa but unfortunately that did not happen. I feel happy to see that other foreigners has better luck than me. RJ has captured my heart and everyday I remember RJ and its magic places and secrets missing it tremendously and dreaming on returning for good in a near future. Your blog is a delight as every post talks of something that I relate to. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete